Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"What goes around comes around!!"

The previous week I very skeptically agreed to attend the 'Vedic Mathematics' course that was being offered at the ashram, along with my mother. I say skeptic because 'Math' had always been the cause of..err..not all but most of my academic miseries!!On the other hand Mom's a teacher and loooves math and one can only imagine the consternation both of us underwent standing on opposite shores of this ocean called"Mathematics"! Not a day went by during my school years when I would not be reprimanded, smacked or punished in innovative ways (dictators could train too under my mom!!lol!..kidding!)..
Fast forward to the present year, where I was forced to face my phobia and it was with very high levels of reluctance and anxiety that I challenged myself to attend the 2-day course! (Nightmares of Numbers and mom chasing me hounded me alternatively through the nights!..seriously!)..On the first day, rather in the first hour of the course..The teacher started out with an introduction to pascal's triangle and as always I found myself dumbfounded and gaping with my mouth open, if I was not so tense I definitely would have laughed at my comical expression! and gradually the teacher eased us into the basics of the awesome course and a miracle occurred then and there! for the first time ever..I was the first to solve the problems posed and for all you smart asses ya! they were correct too! :-) and you know what as guruji often points out that "what goes around comes around" it was now my turn to teach my mother who for some inexplicable reason for most (but I prefer to call it the "divine intervention!" ;-)) couldn't keep pace with me (YAHOO!!) but well as the good human being that I am (modest too..) I decided not to punish or smack my mom..but just helped her out!! So all you parents out there beware! for not all children are as saintly as I am and treat..err teach ur children the same way you would want them to teach you in the future! ;-)
Jai guru deva!

No comments:

Post a Comment

and you say..